Sunday, January 3, 2010

Another Year

Well, it's another new year, another new decade. I don't do the New Year's Resolution thing because I always seem to set myself up for certain failure when I do that. And I always seem to break them within hours of making them, so what's the point?



Weigh in is tomorrow, and I don't know if I will have made any progress or not. I feel like I may have lost a pound or two, but we shall see. I am retaining a lot of water lately - not an excuse, just a fact. I still haven't done the BL DVD yet, but I promise I will do it soon!!



I did make one new discovery this week: Yoplait Delights Parfaits. YUMMY!!!!! So far I have seen three flavors in the stores: Triple Berry Creme, Lemon Torte, and Chocolate Raspberry. I have not tried the Chocolate Raspberry yet; I am not normally a fan of chocolate flavored yogurt, but the other two are so lovely and wonderful that I just might give it a try. I am a HUGE fan of lemon, and the Lemon Torte flavor almost tastes like a lemon meringue pie without the crust. They are only 100 calories for a 4oz cup. I was thinking, "yeah, right - only four ounces? I will eat that in two bites!" Not true. I don't know how they do it, but the yogurt is so thick and creamy; it definitely takes more than two bites. I want to savor each bite!



I haven't been eating the best of menus this week, but I have been pretty good with portion size. Oh, and my dear sister gave me a great idea that I tweaked a little: instead of ordering pizza, she makes her own "slices" with garlic sourdough bread and mozzarella cheese under the broiler. I can't find the garlic sourdough out here, so I make mine with ciabatta rolls. I cut one roll in half and squirt just a little bit of bottled pizza sauce on each half. I also add just a little chopped garlic, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and throw them in the toaster oven and toast until the cheese is all bubbly and slightly browned. YUMMY!!!! It totally kicks the pizza craving, and it's ready in less time than it takes to go online and order from Domino's. Try it!



TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment