Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm doing it!

I am very happy with my progress last week - YAY ME! 6.6lbs in a week ain't too shabby; heck that is Biggest Loser weight loss! It's not the 10-13lbs promised in the book, but I have to be fair and say that I didn't stick to the plan very well. I have no trouble coming in under 15 grams of sugar every day - heck, I'm lucky to get to 7 grams. The problem is the 6 servings of carbs; I usually come in closer to 7-9. But, that is still waaaaay less than the amount of carbs I would normally get in a day; probably closer to 15. Carbs are my downfall. I admit it. So I am doing my best and being proud of my accomplishment.

Now comes the hard part.

This is where I usually fall apart - week two. I am happy that I lost weight, and then promptly give myself permission to celebrate with a large pizza and a pumpkin pie. Or ice cream. Or cake. Or donuts. Or all of those things. I am proud of myself that I have not succumbed to that. The other thing I do is be happy about the loss, then go to the store and be resentful about all the foods I "can't" eat. Which is pretty much everything I just listed above. To make matters worse, every bloody store on the planet has Valentine's Day candy freaking EVERYWHERE. But, I persevered; I bought my little steaks and got the hell out of Albertson's before I changed my mind.

The plan is really not hard; it's not like Atkins that denied you carbs of any kind. I don't feel deprived and didn't really have any sugar cravings at all last week. I am allowed to have bread - in fact, I make a screamingly awesome mini pizza on a piece of pita bread that rivals Pizza Hut or Domino's! YUM. Just one fills up that craving for pizza and/or fast food; I feel like I kinda got away with something when I really just stuck to the plan. Again - YAY ME!

I also have to be honest and say that probably half of that weight loss is water weight. My ankles have been swollen to the size of a beluga whale over the last several weeks; sometimes my feet are so swollen I can't get my shoes on. Now they are all tiny and my shoes are tied as tight as they can go. I was off of my blood pressure meds (stupid wage garnishment) and finally bit the bullet and got the RX refilled instead of paying the electric bill, so a lot of that water retention is receding. The tide is now out!

I don't care. 6.6lbs is gone from my frame, and I look forward with great anticipation to watching NFL football and not comparing my weight to the players.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment