Friday, December 18, 2009

I missed my calling

Well, I am hanging in there this week; I haven't done fabulously well, but I had the potential to go fantastically out of control and I haven't.

Today I discovered a $125 Ebay debit card charge to my checking account that I sure as heck didn't make. Long story short, not a lot of cooperation from the bank, etc. on getting it straightened out. "Call Ebay, sort it out with them, if they don't help you, fill out these forms that need to be notarized." Well, Ebay was no help at all after talking with them via live online chat for four hours (their phones are not working today), etc. etc. etc. When I hurled myself out of the office at lunchtime, I just wanted to go eat the biggest, greasiest lunch I could get my hands on. But, I took a deep breath and told myself that doing that would not fix the problem with my checking account so it wasn't worth doing. I did go to Taco Bell - not the best choice but definitely not the worst - and had just one taco and the grilled chicken burrito. I wanted to order about 15 things off the menu, all with extra sour cream, but I didn't.

Most people would read that and think, "So what? Big deal. You still ate fast food and that is bad for you. You should have just had a salad." Bite me. You don't know me, so you don't have any clue how hard it was for me to do what I did. Maybe next time I will be strong enough to order the salad, or perhaps next time it won't even occur to me to try to calm myself down with food - ever think of that? Pfft.

I won't know until Monday if what I have done this week worked or not. I'm holding my breath. I am going to be watching football this weekend, as usual (go UofM Grizzlies!!). I look forward to the day when I will be able to stop comparing my height and weight to the guys that are playing. Do you know what it feels like to be a 5'2" tall woman and outweigh linebackers that are a foot taller than you by 100lbs? It sucks. I often times outweigh some centers too, and those guys are HUGE! I guess I missed my calling; maybe I was a NFL hopeful in another life.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment