Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Getting started...

So today, about 45 minutes ago to be exact, I finally got started on my training for the 5k ALS walk in September. I walked about a quarter mile right when I got home from work. I jumped out of the Rodeo, grabbed my Nordic walking sticks and hit the sidewalk (not literally, thanks to the walking sticks). It was hard. My lower back was screaming obscenities at me (the really bad ones) but I kept going. I was out of breath, coughing, and my feet and lower legs were on fire (thanks for that fabulous gift, diabetic nerve damage!), but I did it. And I'm gonna do it tomorrow too. I won't commit to more than tomorrow, and then when tomorrow becomes today, I will commit to tomorrow again. I think I will stick with that sort of commitment. One day down, 23 weeks to go!

I've been eating a little better - actually, more like just eating a little less. These next two weeks are going to be super tight money wise, so I'm going to load up on Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines to keep me from eating out at lunchtime; and will think up some easy and cheap stuff for dinners. Tonight I will have a 1/4 cup of Lloyd's shredded BBQ beef on an English muffin with some applesauce and one serving of Pringles Mexican Layered Dip chips on the side. Hopefully that will hold me for the evening. If I am good and don't watch TV all night, then I won't crave goodies (lately I have been on a cake binge - it's hard to find good enough cake around here, and that is a good thing!!).

Welp, gotta go throw some stuff in the washer and make myself dinner so that I don't get too hungry. That spells trouble for me.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment