Monday, April 26, 2010


Woo hoo!! I'm not sure how or why, but I am down 10 and back under 330. Nice!

Remember when I said I have a lot of difficulty with weekends? Well, since I am going to post what I ate for the last two days, now you will see what I am talking about:

Saturday - 4-24:

Between 8am and Noon I consumed:

1 Sausage McMuffin w/egg
2 Hashbrowns
16.9 fl oz water

Between Noon and 5pm:

Nothing. Nada. Zip. This includes water.

Between 5pm and 10pm:

4 slices of toast

Sunday - 4-25:

Between 8am and Noon:

Squat all. As in zero. Nothing.

Between Noon and 5pm:

Still nothing.

Between 5pm and 10pm:

4 slices of toast.

It's just sad, isn't it? Saturday was full of promise; I was going to work in the yard because my landlord was getting his panties in a bunch about all the leaves in the backyard and on my deck. So, I ate what felt was a good, hearty breakfast so that I would have the necessary fuel to get the job done. I figured it would take me and my lazy butt all day to get the backyard done, then I would work in the front yard on Sunday.

I can only work for about 15 minutes at time because with all of the bending over, etc. my spine feel like it's going to snap in about 4 different spots. So, I paced myself and got about 7 big garbage bags full of leaves by the time I had to call it a day. I didn't finish, but I knew it would be no problem to complete the next day.

Sunday, I woke up and wondered how loud and long I could scream in agony before my neighbors called an ambulance. I. Could. Not. Move. Anything. Even blinking hurt. So, very very very sad. And pathetic. It took me all day to get dressed; fortunately it kept threatening rain so I decided to give up on the theory that once I got working again in the yard the stiffness and pain would go away, and just sat on the couch all day trying not to cry. When I decided to go to bed, I tried to slip my shoes off by putting the toe of one foot against the heel of the other - you know how you do - and just slip the shoe off without untying it. Well, I got one off, then stood in my hallway crying because it took me four tries to get the other one off. Oh mercy me.

This morning I was 10 minutes late for work because my shoes and my bra were the hardest things to put on; but I made it. I feel better this afternoon and intend, come hell or high water, to get back out there and work in the yard again when I get home from work. I figure that if I work on it for an hour or so each night, I'll have the back yard finished by trash day (Thursday). Hopefully that will be good enough to shut my landlords big stupid YAP.

Wish me luck. Lord knows I will need it.



  1. :( I'm sorry about the shoe thing...I hate days like that. Some days everything is just frustrating. That's awesome about the loss though!

  2. Thanks, Tricia! I felt like such a wimp; it was one of the few times that I was glad that I live alone so that no one could see how pathetic that was. :)